The Certified Heat Treating operations include multiple furnaces and induction systems to address a number of heat treating needs for a range of alloys, with flexibility to process parts in a broad array of dimensions and lot sizes.
Heat Treatment Furnace and Auxiliary Equipment
- 7 Allcase® IQ furnaces with endothermic atmospheres, 30″ x 30″ x 48″
- 9 Low temperature draw furnaces
- 1 Car bottom furnace, 11.6′ x 6′ x 6′
- 2 Induction systems (150 kw low/medium frequency and 300 kw low frequency)
- 2 High velocity water quench units
- 3 Endothermic gas generators (3600 CFH and 2500 CFH)
Our processing capabilities are supported by Certified Heat Treating’s attention to part loading in our high alloy baskets. By using optimum loading models, fixtures, supports, and spacers, we can minimize distortion during the heat treating process. For repeat customers, and on-going orders, we maintain detailed process control documentation, along with visual aids, to help ensure that repeated processed parts are loaded using the same loading models. We also follow a practice of not overloading baskets, which results in uniform atmosphere and oil/water flow between parts. This practice leads to repeatable metallurgical quality products with minimal distortion.